Song Of The Moment

3.31.2014

best one yet

salty drops
pique your bloodshot eyes
moisture coats them
as you blink, a tear falls

within this tear 
your dreams and reality clash
as it leaves
wetting your lashes

it clears your sight
frees your mind
of what will and won't be
or what might

(draw your attention to the irony in it)

this tear makes its way down
cleansing the cuts on your cheek 
and you love to cry, it hurts, but releases
even though it stings, and they see you..

weak

it's what you become when your thoughts race
at the same pace at which your heart beats when you're running
tears and tennis shoes
hitting the ground simultaneously

that's me

people ask me what i'm running from
or what i'm running to
they haven't seen it done with such passion
well i don't know either
i pass them, with no answer

as i run the tears i cry hit the floor
my pain creates puddles and pools
of all depths
and anyone who'd try to cross, wouldn't make it through 

that's why you'll never know or understand 
you'd drown in my pain
it'd leave you lifeless, hopeless
you couldn't sustain 

but i didn't know you 

you, the one who crossed 
the one who understood the depth of my pain 
the one who survived 
the one who remained 

you walked on water
just to get to my tired eyes
my tired everything 
i no longer felt the water rise 

you made me fear nothing
made me feel sanity 
i felt protected 
no longer had to face tragedy ..alone

god has sent me many miracles
i'll never forget 
though he's sent a lot 
i believe that you're the best one yet

No comments:

Post a Comment